Monday, January 10, 2011

Ramblings....

I am very lucky to have a husband like James. He is able to get my mind off of the stressful and calm me with just a hug. Still, at times I believe he thinks that I am crazy, and honestly, I don't blame him.

So news on us. We are still waiting for an answer on whether or not we will close on our house either today or tomorrow. Honestly, if everything goes well today, I am thinking more along the line of tomorrow. Of course pessimistic me thinks that everything will go wrong and we will be stuck without a house. Hence why I am so stressed. I will just be happy when we are in our home and no longer waiting on a bank to decide the fate of our dwelling.

Speaking of the house, we drove by there yesterday and it is completely empty. The guy moved out and left all the blinds open. Why? I don't know, but I am sure that we looked like a bunch of crazy stalkers looking in all of the windows. Lol. I am surprised no one called the cops. Better yet, the guy who lives across the street IS a cop. Maybe they know we bought the house??? Eh...

Also over the weekend, we went to browse furniture for the new place and stopped at the book store to relax. We went into Barnes and Noble, got smoothies and hot chocolate, and wandered through the store aimlessly looking at books. Of course my obsession with cook books stopped me at the entrance with the clearance rack, while James and the kids went missing in the store. Still, such a selection! I could buy them all and be as happy as can be. I grabbed a chicken cook book and a vegetarian cook book (for my diet of course) and wandered off to find the family. I found them over in the children's section, and I also found some of the most awesome books ever!!

First: Pink Princess Tea Parties


A cook book dedicated to making an awesome tea party! I want to throw one now.

Second: The Unofficial Harry Potter Cook Book


Recipes from the story?!?! Awesome! No need to say more. :-)

And finally (and I nearly died when I saw this), the most awesome thing EVER:

Zombies vs. Unicorns


Yes it is real. Yes it was in the kid section (I don't know why, but whatever). But I do know that this has to be one of the most awesome books ever thought of! Few know of my zombie obsession, and I might have just found another gem to add to my collection.

I will leave this post for today without any more stress from me, but with the greatness of these books and the cha-ching sound of my credit card going through Amazon.com. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment